1. ABOUT COMPETITION
The competition will take place on June 8- September 4 2021, in several stages:
The competition is open to pianists and violinists from all countries.
The competition is subdivided into 3 age groups. The age limits remain as intended for the 2020 Competition.
Requirements for entries:
○ In Round 1, the competitors must perform at least one Baroque or Classical work.
○ In Round 2 - at least one Balys Dvarionas composition.
○ The choice of music for the rest of the program is entirely at the discretion of the competitor within the time allowed for each age group.
Each participant shall prepare a program in accordance with the Competition repertoire. The selected program should be stated in the application form.
All works must be performed from MEMORY.
In Round 1 and Round 2 pianists must perform solo piano works only, violinists solo or with piano accompaniment.
Participants who have logged in to their artistDB account will be able to change their programs and performance order until 15 May 2021.
Participants will be required to perform their programs in the order of their own choice finally made in artistDB on 15 May 2021.
No piece may be performed more than once
○ Group "A" - from 10 to 20 minutes;
○ Group "B" - from 15 to 25 minutes;
○ Group "C" - from 20 to 30 minutes.
4. REMOTE AUDITIONS
5. PARTICIPATION FEE
○ 60 EUR for the age group A,
○ 80 EUR for the age group B,
○ 100 EUR for the age group C.
6. SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS
7. PRIZES AND BENEFITS
IMPORTANT: The competition organizers do not take responsibility for travel restrictions and other mandatory decisions made by Lithuanian or/and other countries authorities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The organizers will do everything to mediate between competitors and Lithuanian authorities and make sure to arrange visas and permissions necessary to enter The Republic of Lithuania. Nevertheless, the final decision about arrival to the conditions (quarantine or isolation) will be made individually for each competitor depending on the COVID-19 situation in the outbound country.
8. OBLIGATION OF PARTICIPANTS